Thursday, September 22, 2011

For the love of pumpkin


So enough talking about pumpkin, fall favorites, and boots. Yesterday was a much needed day full of baking where I finally (after scouring northern Indiana) got my hands on some pureed pumpkin at Walmart of all places!

The next step was finally a pumpkin bread recipe that I wanted to make, and trust me it was not an easy task. Who would have known that there were SO many different recipes for the same type of food? Some with greek yogurt, some with pudding, some with cream cheese. Now as delicious as all of these may sound (and tempting) I wanted to try and make something as simple as possible.

When I found this recipe I knew it was the one that I wanted. It was simple, and the reviews were raving so I thought it would be a winner. It didn't disappoint that's for sure.

One fair warning though, it makes much more than I anticipated...so it looks like we will be having our pumpkin bread for the next month. Oh well, no complaints here.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment