Monday, October 3, 2011

Busy {exciting} Parents Weekend


I can't believe that it's already Monday, the weekend really flew by! And what a weekend it was, jam packed with parents weekend festivities, fall ball, church and parade. It was great going on campus and seeing my younger brother in his performance, as well as him and my mom parading around in their first ever officers figure.

Honor orgs are one of my favorite traditions, and I loved going to see them even when I was a little girl. It's fun to see all the hard work the kids do and how it pays off. Rob is in the Honor Guard, and their performance was SO impressive.
I wore a plain black dress and mixed it up a little bit with cheetah heels, a fun change to the usual t-shirt/jeans combo that I have been sporting as of lately. It worked out perfectly, and I was comfortable which is pretty much the only thing that matters.

The weather Sunday cooperated for us surprisingly and even turned out to be warmer than expected. Of course...I came to parade in winter clothes with coffee in hand so I was sweating by the end of it. I love it when the parents come and see just how special of a place Culver is. The guys did a great job!
Looking forward to a productive week ahead, it seems like my "to-do" list has grown over the weekend...funny how that happens isn't it? We're already into October and just started putting up fall decorations around the house (wreaths, pumpkins, garland, etc.) which is so much fun.

A change of seasons is always new and excited and its looking even better when the forecast for the next week is in the SEVENTIES. Wait...am I in Mississippi again or Indiana I can't tell? Whatever you won't here a single complaint from me I'm enjoying it as long as I can.

Have a great week, get outside and enjoy this bright beautiful weather! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. it's fun to see another blogger who i can relate with in the south! the fashion and everything is so much more alike. cute blog!!

    krissykreates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete