Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Feels Like Fall


I love fall for so many reasons that there are too many to count. The cool mornings are a welcomed change, and make those early morning runs that much more enjoyable when the weather finally cooperates and the humidity disappears.

When I lived in Mississippi, I felt short changed on my seasons simply because one season blended into the next leaving little time for adjusting to cooler (and in the South rainier) weather. I'm excited to be back up in the land of seasons, where the fall transformation is more noticeable and not so sudden. There's nothing like a cool morning filled with orange, red, and yellow leaves and if you haven't witnessed it it's breathtaking.

Here are some of my favorite things about fall, and some of the things I am most excited about experiencing this fall. Sure...some of them are the same down south but some of it is just special to the good ole' Midwest.

1. Ever changing leaves, my favorite part of the fall. They don't all drop at once, but let you enjoy a little bit of that gorgeous color and beauty for a few months. Nothing at all like it...
2. Anything and everything pumpkin flavored. I am a huge fan of pumpkin bread (the local coffee shop can tell you this, I buy a piece of theirs almost on a daily basis) as well as pumpkin spiced lattes. Seriously in pumpkin heaven right now.
3. Fall decorations. And no I'm not quite on the Halloween trip yet, we'll get to that eventually. I'm talking fall leaves, pumpkins, branches, and mums. Love it all, and plan to complete a few little projects before the Halloween craze sets in next month.
4. Cool nights sitting out of the back porch. Seriously, any relief from the heat this summer is greatly appreciated, and while its still pretty hot in the daytime, the nights and early mornings are my absolute favorite hands down.

5. Sweaters, leggings, and boots. I'll be honest...I hate winter clothes. I hate shopping for them, and I hate wearing them. They make me feel frumpy. Lumpy. And 20lbs heavier. Fall clothes on the other hand are much easier because you take whatever you would wear on a normal summer day (minus the white) and throw a sweater on top. Boots with dresses, boots with skinny jeans, boots with leggings are also so much fun.


As you can tell I'm on a "I'm happy its fall time" kind-of-kick right now and I'm loving it. This northern girl is here to stay, at least for the time being and I am more than thrilled for what's right around the corner.

**All pictures taken from my pinterest folders**

No comments:

Post a Comment