Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter Candy Coma

My most favorite holiday, like most people on this planet, is Christmas. I would even list my birthday as one of my favorite days of the year. Yet there is something special about Easter time that puts it up there at the top with my all time favorite holidays. Beautiful church services and lilies, spring weather and cookouts, and ham and potato meals all come on the heels of this holiday, and I cannot be more thrilled that it is just around the corner!

As most of you know, I am quite the candy fanatic. Fanatic cannot even begin to explain how I feel about sweets and I am never quick to discriminate on my favorites. So with Easter in the near future and the candy isle in Walmart already fully stocked, I thought I would list a few of my favorites when it comes to Easter sugary snacks.

Hopefully, at the end of this month I won't be sick from all the candy I have consumed over this month. No promises though.

1. Peeps. Such a classic and there's something about florescent sugar and marshmallows that get me every time. I actually don't buy them anymore for the fact that I can eat a whole package in the blink of an eye. Well maybe I'll buy just one....
2. Whoppers Robin Eggs. You can thank my mom for getting me addicted to these ones. I am already a huge whopper fan as it is, but those eggs are so pretty that you cannot help but eat 20. They are just that good!

3. Starburst Jelly Beans. I was having a conversation with a friend at lunch the other day about these babies, and how they are only out once a year during the easter season. You better go snatch these up cause as soon as they come they will be gone.

4. Cadbury Eggs. Another classic with a twist. As much as I love the creme filled ones, the carmel ones just cannot be beat. They are filled with so much that you can only eat one, but man is it sweet!
5. Reeses Eggs. These are sold all year round unlike many other Easter candies. They sell the Christmas trees at Christmas time and pumpkins around Halloween. But as a Reeses finatic I have determined that the eggs are definetly the best ones with the most peanut butter in them. (very key!).
Enjoy this Easter season with your friends and families, and happy April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment