Thursday, March 31, 2011

butterfly kisses

My dearest blog followers, I am so sorry I have been neglecting this blog. Yes I am still alive and barely hanging on. The past few weeks have been strenuous and filled to the brim with projects, presentations, and speeches. The end is in sight, and I'm trying to enjoy it all while I still can.

I am ending another chapter in the book of my life.
I am GRADUATING from college in a month and a half.
I am turning 22 years old in a month.
Yikes...when did I grow up?

They always say that in the end we always think back to the beginning. Strange how this past year I have learned more from that saying than anything else. It's weird because the closer that I come to ending my college career, the more homesick I am getting. I miss my parents. I miss my friends. I'm longing to return to the one place that I have called home my entire life: Culver, Indiana. That tiny little town in the middle of the cornfields.

Oxford has become my second home and there will always be a place in my heart for this town. It has seen me through my joys, sorrows, happiness, successes and failures. The people that I have met have changed my life as I knew it and turned things upside down (and right side up in many cases.) I will miss it dearly when it is over with.

Enough sappiness for now, but as the date grows nearer, I cannot promise that there may be more of these types of posts.
I'm leaving you with a song that is special to my dad and I and whenever it plays I always think of him. It's been on my mind lately, and helps me to think how fast time really flies...



No comments:

Post a Comment