Monday, October 29, 2012

Decorating with Polka Dots


For all those that know me well enough, I absolutely love polka dots. I think they are adorable on little kids, make fun accessories, and look classy on almost everything. With the emergence of the polka dots on the fashion scene: they are seen in sweaters, scarfs, and iPhone cases. They join the other fun classics: nautical stripes, chevron prints, and ikat as a fun twist to and otherwise boring traditional outfit (the kind of style that I always find myself leaning to.)

With winter, Christmas, and holiday festivities quickly approaching, I'm looking forward to {as always} fun holiday decorations to spice up the usual and predictable holiday decorations. I love predictable as well as traditional, don't get me wrong. But there is always something fun about mixing things up don't you think??


When I stumbled on this perfect little Illume candle I loved its simplicity and most of all the little gold polka dots. Its the perfect mix of traditional and festive and I am obsessed. Not so obssessed with the $50 pricetag attatched to it though....

So I got to thinking (scary)....I could definitely make this candle this winter or at least something similar to spice up an ordinary hurricane glass/votive candle holder. I mean come on, who doesn't need a little polka dot in their lives? This has my name written all over it!

Not ready to do a little DIY? Sequins and Stripes is giving away this exact candle on her blog today, so pop on over there and check it out!

Happy Monday, and stay safe to all those on the east coast. We're all praying for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment