Wednesday, October 5, 2011

currently indulging in:

I'll just come right out and say it....

I have a MAJOR girl crush on Chrissy Teigen. Yes, she's a Sports Illustrated supermodel. She loves to cook. Her boyfriend is John Legend (sigh.) Serious perfection.
Her tweets are my favorite to follow and never ever fail to make me laugh. She's the b**** that I wish I could be on Twitter, and I love her for all that sassiness.
Okay, enough of that. Chrissy also has a food blog that she updates every once in a while with recipes and such because she has a passion for cooking. Something we definetly share! A few monthes ago she posted a recipe on her blog for a spicy chipotle marinade that can go on anything and everything.
Naturally, I was up for the challenge (as of late I have a lot of time on my hands haha) so I set out to make this really simple recipe:

2 chipotle chiles in adobo

3 tablespoons tequila or vodka (I used Smirnoff vodka, but whatever works)

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1 tablespoon ketchup

1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle can

1 clove garlic, chopped

2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon olive oil

~Throw it all into a blender and hit puree, it really is that easy! It should be almost fluffy if you have blended it enough, a bold, beautiful red with remnants of chili seeds scattered all the way through it. Slather on as much as you want, seriously more is better :-)


When I first made it (experimental stage) I marinated chicken breasts then threw them in the oven. We all know what a pain it is to cook chicken...ugh. 350 degrees @ 1 hour worked for me, but every oven is different.

This miracle stuff can go on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING literally. Chicken, fish, shrimp, pasta you name it. It's all according to taste so it it's too spicy add more ketchup and brown sugar. Not enough heat? More chili peppers and adobe sauce. Seriously, you can't go wrong as long as all the ingredients are there.

Best part of all? It can be stored in ziplock bags in the freezer for as long as you like (the tequila/vodka helps with that) and it's great to throw in the pan still frozen to marinate shrimp or whatever you want. My mom claimed that we need to have this stuff in the freezer 24/7 SO looks like I will be making about 5 more batches!

Now that I am starving after writing this post...I'm going to make some for lunch. Happy Hump Day!

**Pictures all taken from Google. If you want a more "in depth" peek into the recipe check out Young Married Chic.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you are so darling and I am so wanting to make that recipe.
    DELISSSS!!!
    xx Emily of EL Vintage

    ReplyDelete