Saturday, April 21, 2012

Springtime updates

It's hard to believe that its been a little over 4 monthes since I last posted. And look...I leave for a little while and everything changes!!! (Struggling to deal with bloggers new format, yikes.) SO much has happened and I don't know where to begin or how to put it all down in a blog post.

I'm settling into life here and loving my "new" job...which isn't really new anymore but hasn't lost its fun appeal. I never thought I would learn so much in such a short amount of time, from new programs to answering tough phone calls and everything in between. Currently, I'm in the search of finding my "niche" there...as in what I can do to make myself marketable and stand out with a couple specific additions to my current job description. We will see how that turns out, but I'm glad it keeps me on my toes. What would it be if it didn't :-) right?

People are getting engaged/married/having babies left and right and I am speechless as to how much time and life changes things in such a quick and short amount of time. So so excited for all those who are taking that next step in life, and I am lucky to be apart of all the happiness and craziness that comes along with it!

On that same note, Rob is graduating this year!?! I still cannot believe it even when I tell people who are as equally shocked as I am. It has been the greatest blessing to be apart of all these changes in such an exciting time in his life. The "great unknown" as I tended to call it when I was in his same place a few years ago can be daunting but also really exciting! I am curious/excited/thrilled to find out what he chooses to do as he makes that step towards that next transition in his life.

Were coming upon one of my favorite times of the year: where that thrill of summertime is right around the corner and the weather is getting better and everyone is ready for those sun shiny long summer days. Unfortunately we cannot say were experiencing that type of weather right now, but our hopes are high for better days ahead. One of the MOST exciting things coming up on my agenda is my 5 YEAR REUNION. Holy cow, seriously where has the time gone? I am more excited than ever to see old classmates, swap old stories and remember whens, and just hang out with the people that I literally grew up with and around for 4 years. There is nothing better than that!

So...I have jumped back onto the running bandwagon as well as picked up a few new and exciting things along the way. I didn't really know how I would make that transition from college track to the everyday working woman type of lifestyle. A few months back I ran my first 5k race...which was way more exhilarating than I thought it would be and loved having people by my side to do it. The bug has bitten and now I cannot get enough. I am running the Susan B. Koman race for the cure next weekend, and could not be more thrilled to run for such a great cause with some of my running partners!! Could not be more excited. We have jumped, kicked, ran, hopped our way to being in pretty great shape, and I am excited to see if all this hard work has paid off. Between TRX training, Navy Seal workouts, Insanity workouts, and great training with some great runners I'm ready to see those results.

WHEW! Sorry for the crazy insane update I guess it was better to get that out of the way so that I would be ready to move on for next post (hopefully with a few more details!) But I'm alive and happy, and sorry I have been out of the loop for so darn long. I'll try to be better...promise.



Happy Saturday, enjoy these beautiful days, and happy springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment